Maximising Your Child's Brain Function
Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) is a multi-sensory program for improving brain function, through the integration of music, movement and language.
Vicki is a trained, certified iLs practitioner.
We use the Focus and Voice Pro Systems in The Language Tree clinic.
How It Works
iLs is based on the fact that we can change our brain – we can essentially re-wire it through specific and repeated stimulation, a concept known as neuroplasticity. As in building strength and endurance with physical exercise, we can build neurological pathways and synaptic activity at any age.
iLs trains for brain/body integration through a staged approach, starting with the fundamentals of sensory integration and then progressing through more complex cognitive functions, including language, self-expression and social skills.
iLs has a global effect on the brain and central nervous system.
It has a wide variety of benefits:
• Learning Difficulties (e.g. reading, attention, language and auditory processing)
• Autism and other neurodevelopmental challenges
• Sensory Processing
• Cognitive Functions related to stroke/head injury rehabilitation
• Performance Optimisation, including processing speed, sleep, creativity and self-expression.
Focus Series Programs:
• Sensory & Motor
• Concentration & Attention
• Reading & Auditory Processing
• Optimal Performance for teens/adults
• Interactive Language Activities
• Calming/Preparatory mini‐Program
The VoicePro is an exciting and unique tool designed to help children and adults improve various auditory processing skills such as phonemic awareness, auditory memory, auditory figure ground and dichotic listening.
• improves carry-over by integrating speech with functional movement
• includes auditory processing exercises, such as AFG, dichotic listening and filtered words
• provides direct auditory feedback while practicing fluency shaping techniques
• enhances social communication and pragmatic language therapy
Air/bone conduction headphones with built-in mic allow for movement during functional language training and the direct voice/ear feedback loop amplifies voice, promotes and improves auditory processing.
iLs Interview with Norman Doidge, MD
Dr. Doidge is the author of the best selling book on neuroplasticity, The Brain that Changes Itself. In his new book, The Brain’s Way of Healing, Dr. Doidge describes a handful of neuroplastic interventions which are supported by clinical evidence and are changing people’s lives. iLs is one of these therapies, and Dr. Doidge delves into the iLs method by investigating three iLs cases – ADHD, Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder.