Our Literacy and Language Programs
Pre-literacy (School Readiness)
Helping you and your child play with purpose!
It is important for children to have foundation skills in place in order to feel confident when starting school. Certain pathways in the brain (auditory, visual and kinesthetic) as well as all phonological skills need stimulating before reading and writing can occur. We teach:
• Phonological awareness (rhyme, syllables, sound identification)
• Handwriting, (letter formation, fine motor, drawing)
• Vocabulary (themes, concepts, comprehension)
• Following instructions (listening, observation, memory)
• Auditory discrimination and speech perception.
NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE!
Heat up your handwriting! This fully comprehensive handwriting program will make children, teachers & parents proud.
• Letter formation and direction for both print & cursive
• Size, shape, spacing, angle, baseline, flow
• Pressure, posture, pencil grip
See positive changes after just one session!
Learn to read fluently and accurately! Our Sound Cards unlock the door to the magic of reading.
• Full range of letter-sounds (Sound Cards)
• Blending and decoding
• Syllable segmentation
• Hand cues to support pronunciation of Sound Cards
See a rapid increase in decoding skills and in your child’s reading confidence, within six weeks. It is a multi-sensory program that integrates listening and speaking elements to reinforce a child’s weaker areas by utilising their stronger ones. The system begins with learning to focus on sound-symbol relationships and options, by the learning of 68 Sound Cards, which are colour coded to support memory. Sound Cards are letters which represent several sound options.
“qu” has two sound options: “kw” - queen; “k” - antique.
Sound Cards also represent a single sound shown by a variety of different letters.
For example: “k” king, “c” cat, “ck” duck, “ch” character, "qu" unique.
Speed up spelling! Our clear spelling rules and top tips will make spelling simple and fun to learn.
• Spelling rules
• Multi-modal spelling system, boosting visual memory
• Word derivatives, prefixes, suffixes
• Written sentence construction (grammar)
Word knowledge is world knowledge! Vocabulary, Word Play, Paragraph and Sentence construction – enrich your language.
• Homonyms, synonyms, compound words
• Riddles, puns, word play
• Word derivatives, prefixes, suffixes
• Structuring written paragraphs
• Children make a personal A to Z dictionary
Rev up your reading radar! Learn how to understand and enjoy a variety of passages.
• The brain to check for unfamiliar vocabulary
• Make connections between words & phrases
• Make predictions and summarise to reach the main conclusion
• Visualisation, recall, imagination & reasoning using visual cue cards
Power is in the pen! Create amazing stories and learn the tricks that great authors use!
• Creative writing skills through a simple planning framework, that enables children to develop and extend their imagination on paper as well as increase their vocabulary
• Extensive character, setting and plot development, using five senses and drama
• Word bank development
• Adjectives, adverbs and synonyms
Excel in your essays and exams! Learn to write excellent factual essays and appreciate poetry.
• Memorable essay formats using mature phrasing and specific terminology for ‘discuss, explain and argue’ style essays.
• Poetry analysis and poetry essay structures are taught using our unique LISTED approach.
High School Support
Recent research shows that high school and HSC students often have illegible handwriting and as a result score more poorly in their exams.
This can easily be avoided by re-learning motor patterns that were well established in their primary years.
• Advanced study skills
• Handwriting refresher skills
• Text and poetry analysis
• Essay structure
• Memory techniques